Monday, May 23, 2011

Cowboys or Aussies?

Well, I moved to Nashville Tennessee! You would think that I could find a cowboy here right? No! Leave it to me to find, instead of a ruggged cowboy, a sweet little Austrialian bloak :) His name is Mark and I was first taken in by his accent. We went to lunch and then spent more and more time together. He took me for a riverboat ride near Opryland and we went to a Taylor Swift concert his last night in town. He was so sweet and such a gentleman. But wow, I have decided that the austrailian language can make any manly turn seen a little less manly. For instance, Austrailian rules football, they call it "footy". Can you imagine a group of guys from the US using the word "footy" when talking about their precious, manly football? (arrrh arrhh guuurrr) Those are men football noises :) But in "footy" I would expect more of a (laa deee daaa deee traa laaa) Wouldn't you? ha ha. Next, they call cotton candy, Fairy Floss! Really? I said "why do you call it that?" his respond was "why do you call it cotton candy?" I said, "because it's candy and it looks like cotton." Simple enough. He on the other hand could not explain the name fairy floss? So now that he is home, back in Austrailia, I picture him sitting around watching footy eating fairy floss, it's fantastic ;) lol And so the search continues. . . .

1 comment:

  1. arrrh arrhh guuurrr- Hilarious.

    As excited as I am that you posted, where are the pictures?!?!

    ReplyDelete